1. I am thankful for my husband, my best friend, my confidante. A man I respect, admire, and trust. I know I was lucky he chose me. He is my number one cheerleader as I dive more and more into writing. (And he helps me out doing dishes!)
2. I am thankful I am a mom to three beautiful girls. There is nothing else in this life like the job of being a mom. Is there a greater “worthy cause” than that of being a mom?
3. I am thankful for disability and special needs. I have learned through those that the world might see as less than perfect, that I am the imperfect one. Like my husband said today in his sermon, “People with disabilities are God’s gift to the church.”
4. I am thankful for adoption. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do is adopt, yet this has been one of the most life altering experiences of my life. Adoption also allowed me to become a mom for the third time, and it has taught me much about love, belonging, and compassion.
5. I am thankful for the little things in life, like dance, music, and a body that can move.
6. I am thankful for my family of origin, the rich heritage I come from, and the abundance of love.
7. I am thankful for the friends I have met because of my children with special needs. There are many good things about having a child with a disability, and this is by far one of the greatest ones.
8. I am thankful for the wonder I see in my children, for the ways in which I can make simple things seem magical and special, and for their smiles and twinkle in their eyes.
9. I am thankful for the tough things, because they have made me into who I am. I have not had to travel the hard roads alone, God has been by my side, and many times he has carried me, because I cannot do it on my own, I need Him.
10. I am thankful for my God,the one that never gives up on me. My comforter. My encourager. My teacher. My friend. The One who gave His life for me, so that I could live. Who am I without you Lord?