The year is coming to an end, a flame of time that gently flickers in the night with reflections of the year past.
It was a hard year, really hard. But in the midst of a trying year there were plentiful moments of joy, love, and encouragement. These are the five most memorable moments for me.
- Andy and I celebrated our 9th anniversary at the beginning of the year. One of the most quality times we have had together. We don’t get to go out on dates very often anymore, so our days together were restful, and a time fo great connection and heart to heart conversations.
- Seeing Nina blossom by the end of Kindergarten. She began the year in her wheelchair, and she ended the year walking independently at school. She is simply amazing!
- I became a Zumba instructor. Yes, that was fun. Dance is a language I speak, and while Zumba is not my favorite dance, it gives me a reason to dance. Dance is one of those things that gives me life!
- Andy and I attended a retreat for pastors that need to retreat and rest from the pressures of church and ministry. It was incredibly refreshing and a real time to rest. Connecting with other pastors was so beneficial as we prayed together and shared our stories. If you are in ministry, I highly recommend this. They are free of cost for people in ministry, what a blessing!
- Nichole is showing us the sky is her limit. This year she is in a typical classroom and she is doing so well! Down syndrome will not stop this girl.