The time has come to think about resolutions. A chance to craft ways in which we can live better, be more present with our families, live a better life, and maybe loose some weight…for real…this time…yeah.
I think about resolutions often, maybe because I like the idea of a fresh start, and forgiving myself for my shortcomings. A clean slate. The thought of “newness” gives me hope. And to be honest, there is a lot about myself I would like to change! I am so thankful for a God that keep on with me, keeps forgiving, and He does not let me give up.
So it is time for resolutions, and maybe if I share them with you, I will stick to them…more closely…for real…this time…yeah.
1. I want to love my family well
It means being present. Screens off when the girls are home, and being intentional about spending quality time with my husband.
2. I want to become a morning person
I read a post by Michael Hyatt about how to become a morning person. I found it convicting as one who claims to be a night owl. Yikes! I could get so much accomplished just by starting my day early.
3. I want to get enough sleep
See, “I want to become a morning person.” Actually, for health reasons I really need to make this a priority, and I am one that needs at least 8 hours a night, but I do function best with 9 hours.
4. I want to limit my time on social media
This is especially my FOR REAL…THIS TIME…and I will keep working on this. I sold my life to social media and I really need to get my life back!
5. I will keep pursuing this writing dream
It takes time, lots and lots of discipline, but I am a writer, and so I keep writing.
6. I want to see God bless our little church
Have you heard about the circle maker? I feel like this is my heartbeat for this church, although most often I want to give up. I don’t blog or write much about being a pastor’s wife, or our church. There are reasons for that, but one day I might share some of the joys and hardships of ministry with you. For now, I just need to pray and I yearn to see God move!
7. I want to connect with other moms to pray for our kids and their schools.
The situation in Connecticut really woke me up to see my brokenness and prayerlessness…in so many areas of my life. See, “The circle maker” link above.
If you are a mom and want to be connected this way, please send me an email or comment here. I have heard from other parents that are not local that would love to have an on-line group for this. I will either figure out a forum here or create a Facebook group, so I will keep you posted!
8. I want to create family
We live far from family, and I have felt it the last 1.5 years. I pray that God will provide “family” for us here.
9. I want to live with discipline
It’s the simple things, like keeping up with laundry, dishes, meals, homework, writing deadlines, etc.
10. I want to see this writing prompt community grow!
So in light of that, join us this week!
Your turn to link up and share your stories with us!
1. Link up your specific post.
2. Link back to this post! You can link back any way you want. You can use text, or you can add this graphic at the end of your post. Just copy the HTML code under the image and paste it at the end of your post (make sure you are using the HTML tab for both, blogger or wordpress)
3. Visit at least the person that linked-up before you and leave an encouraging comment.
Looking forward to reading your words!
If you are new here, learn more about the writing prompt! We would love to have you join our writing/blogging community! You have till Friday to link your post.
Submit your link in the box below
I want to make this is easy as I can on you busy moms, writers, and bloggers, so if you would like to receive the prompt in your inbox every weekend, instead of waiting for Monday, then leave me your e-mail in the form below and you will be all set!
Like this post? Share it with your friends via facebook or twitter!